Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mesh - Skeleton, Skinned, Rigged

Progress Summary Weeks 6-9

Since this is the first time I am modeling a character, I am still figuring out the best way to progress through each stage and reassessing what should be done in each week. After posting the last set of stages, I decided to change and add some stages. Below is the revised stage list. In these past few weeks I inserted a skeleton into my mesh, skinned it, and used paint weight controls to rig it. I am now prepared to use the Human IK tool and proceed to animating the walk and run cycles. The stages for completion will proceed as listed below:

Stage 1 - complete modeled basic mesh ----> (COMPLETE)

Stage 2 - Insert a skeleton into the mesh ----> (COMPLETE)

Stage 3 - Skin and rig the mesh ----> (COMPLETE)

Stage 4 - Animate a basic walk/run cycle for the mesh for game testing

Stage 5 - Mudbox the mesh to clean it up

Stage 6 - Detail the character with exact human form

Stage 7 - Texture the character

Stage 8 - Light and render character in Maya

Stage 9 - Insert fully detailed and animated character into the final game product


Screenshots of Progress:






No comments:

Post a Comment